Sunday, January 11, 2015

Whew!

I had plans today.  I wanted to get enough miles to roll 300 miles for the month over.  It would only take 26 miles.  I started off this morning with light fog, and a ride on the fixie for a morning treat. 2.4 miles.

I came back home and decided to wash the fixie and the rain bike.  They both have had a lot of miles on wet roads lately, and were covered in grit and grime.  I got them all clean and lubed and then went inside to check up on Facebook.  ;-) I prepared to ride to Beaverton and back, about a 30 mile round trip.

As I stepped out of the house I was surprised to see that it was raining. It continued to do so for the next couple of hours.  I kept thinking it would stop, the weather forecast had not predicted it to be a wet day.

Alas, as the sun was setting in the sky it was still raining. Some friends invited me to join them at RAM Pub for dinner.  I accepted on the condition that I could bike there.  I put on my rain jacket and pedaled out.

Following dinner it was still raining, but had reduced in intensity.  I decided to take a slightly longer way home.  I had to get back across I-5, but the area was well lit, with bike lanes.  Once across I-5 I got on some paths to get through Wilsonville.  They were dark as, well, as dark as night!


I took a detour through Memorial Park just to add miles.   It was still raining lightly.  I decided it was time to get home before I got wet.  I had my rain coat on, but no booties or rain pants.


I made it back home before getting too wet, but well before rolling 300 miles over.  I guess there's always tomorrow.  At least 8 miles was better than the two I had up until sunset, and it was good enough to check the box for 72 consecutive days on the bike.

 ...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today.............8...............0..............0...............0.................8 Jan...............282...............0...............0...............0...............282
Total............282...............0...............0...............0...............282

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.