Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A bonus day

 Earlier this week today was predicted to be wet.  Yesterday the forecast had morphed into "nice morning, rain later in the day".  It ended up being nice all day.  I started down Queen Anne toward Fred Meyer in Ballard to check on availability of some items. As I rode along the Burke-Gilman Trail I passed by this sign posted by a homeowner.

 The Seahawks are of course playing in the Superbowl this weekend, while the Supersonics did indeed leave town!

 As I neared Fred Meyer I decided to continue on to Golden Gardens and do my shopping on the return since the weather was so good and the view there is so nice.



 On the north end of Golden Gardens the ducks were having a great time and creating quite the racket.



After some time taking in the view I pedaled back toward the Hiram Chittenden Locks. I arrived at the seaward side of the locks just as two ocean going tugs where heading out.


I crossed over the ship canal at the locks and continued back toward Fremont on the Ship Canal Trail. (forgetting that I had planned to stop at Fred Meyer on my return!)
It was a beautiful afternoon.


I had some time before the sun set, and used it to ride around Queen Anne a bit.


The 89th consecutive day on the bike ended up being a pretty nice day!



...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total
Today.............26...............0..............0...............0..................26 Jan...............672...............0...............0...............0...............672
Total............672...............0...............0...............0...............672

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.