Sunday, January 25, 2015

January or April?

It is a beautiful Spring like day all up and down the Oregon and Washington coast. If there had been leaves on the trees and more blooms around it would have been easy to think it might have been April.

Julie and I rode to breakfast then she returned home and I rolled down 3rd Ave W.  I stopped at the Hiram Chittenden Locks to watch the activity for a short time.



I continued on around the peninsula looking over Puget Sound as I went.



I rode into West Lawton, a community of rather nice homes in a somewhat closed community.


I made my way down one very smooth street that came to an end in a cul-de-sac.  I was moving about 2 mph getting ready to turn when the wheels went out from under me.  I hit the deck hard.  As I tried to get up I noted why I had gone down.  The surface was literally as smooth as glass, and being under cover of trees, there was a covering of green slime that was a slick as ice.  It took me several efforts to finally get back on my feet rather than just sliding around on all fours.

I nursed my sore hip and continued on my way.  I rode to the end of another street that had a nice view of the Olympic Mountains across Puget Sound.


I continued by the Daybreak Star Indian Cultural Center and into Discovery Park, where evidently the have been  reports of scofflaw cyclists.


"The roads within the park are NOT to be used for criterium training." There was no mention of prohibiting hill repeat training.  ;-)

I made it through the park and went out along the Magnolia bluff.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day.


 I detoured through Magnolia Center to explore a bit. It was a day suited well for ice cream and lemonade.


Even Mt Rainier was doing its best to enjoy the day too.


The ride was shorter than might have been because there was a trip to a bike shop in  Bellevue in the plans.

...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today.............27...............0..............0...............0..................27 Jan...............600...............0...............0...............0...............600
Total............600...............0...............0...............0...............600

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful day to ride, excepting one slimey road. Love the pic of the fixie down by the locks. This weather is unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.