Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Year, and a Clean Slate

Today starts a new year.  I wish all of you an awesome New Year, filled with joy and accomplishment.

The slate is wiped clean and the numbers all zeroed out ready to start again.........except that today was my 62nd consecutive day on the bike.  

You don't have to wonder about my sanity, it wasn't much riding today.  I started the day in Seattle but needed to be in Forest Grove by evening.  It was a sunny and cold day, but limited daylight this time of year meant that biking the 230 mile distance would involve significant riding in darkness. Riding in darkness in freezing weather and the resultant inability to see oncoming ice, plus just being too lazy meant I looked for other options.

I biked down Queen Anne just under 4 miles to downtown Seattle.  The bike and I took a trip to Portland via Bolt Bus.  Once in Portland I biked all of 4 blocks, all downhill where I transferred to Blue Line MAX light rail. I took the Blue Line to nearly the end of the line, where I transferred again, this time to a TriMet bus and took it to Forest Grove.  Sure, I could have biked those last eight miles, but once warm and lazy, it's tough to get back on the bike and ride in cold air.  Oh, and my $2.50  ticket was good for two hours, no matter how many transfers I might take.The ride was already paid for!

So by the end of the day,spending a few hours time,  4 miles of biking, and less then $15 total, got me from Seattle to Portland to Forest Grove.


...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today............4...............0..............0...............0................4 Jan................4...............0...............0...............0...............4
Total.............4...............0...............0...............0...............4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.