Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A different Lake Loop

When my Seattle friends talk about a lake loop, the are usually referring to a ride around Lake Washington.  My lake loop today referred to Hagg Lake in Washington County Oregon.

I had some fire district business today in Forest Grove, but brought the bike along knowing I'd have some time for a short ride.  I brought the fixie because it promised to be the most fun!

There was about a 9 mile relatively flat ride from Forest Grove out to the lake.  The 10 mile lap around the lake would have about 1300 ft of climbing.  The climbing wouldn't be nearly as difficult as the descending when on a fixed gear bike, but I figured I could manage.

It was a nice day, not perfectly clear, but certainly clear enough.


With the exception of 3 crews doing some drilling, perhaps related to studies for increasing reservoir capacity, I had the lake to myself.


 As I rode around the lake I couldn't help but remember what the valley used to look like before the dam was built in 1974. Scott and Sheelar (S &S Farms) used to farm most of the valley.  It was a bucolic scene with a typical country church and a scattering of homes.


 Now during the summer months it is a bustling playground with jet skis, power boats, and giggling kids splashing along the shore. Today it was just me.


My 82nd consecutive day on the bike was pretty peaceful.


The lap around this Washington County reservoir was much more peaceful than a lap around that lake in Washington State.


...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today............27...............0..............0...............0..................27 Jan...............549...............0...............0...............0...............549
Total............549...............0...............0...............0...............549

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.