Sunday, January 18, 2015

Timing

I had a busy day today.  The day started with a 50 mile drive down the Willamette Valley and another 50 miles back.  It was pouring rain, high water closures were common. Once back home I stopped at the auto parts store to pick up some auto supplies, then scurried home to watch the last half of the Seahawks/Green Bay football game.  Seahawks fans, you are welcome!

The rain had stopped (temporarily) and as the sun slipped low in the sky I hopped on the bike, hoping to get a good photo of Mt Hood in the evening glow.   Alas, blue sky above, but not farther east at Mt Hood.


I rode around the residential back streets and through Memorial Park just to get a few miles.
It was an unexpectedly nice evening.  There was blue sky above and to the west, but it looked wet and nasty to the north.


There were some sounds of distant thunder.   My timing was perfect, it rained hard all morning, and rained again shortly after I finished.  I was glad I didn't take off on a long ride.  Tonight was just enough to get my 79th consecutive day on the bike.

...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today.............5...............0..............0...............0..................5 Jan...............434...............0...............0...............0...............434
Total............434...............0...............0...............0...............434

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.