Thursday, January 15, 2015

Wet

Today there was a change in the weather. Showers were predicted in the morning, changing to rain by afternoon.

I thought I might get out for a pre ride of the upcoming 60 mile ride I am leading in early February before the rain got serious. It was dry at first light. I was on the bike by 8AM. It was raining. I ducked into McD's for breakfast and to wait the shower out.

The shower wasn't a shower, it was light rain that would continue all day.

I couldn't get my head around riding 60 miles in the rain so I went back home.

Over the course of the day I ventured out 3 separate times on errands, each time it was raining harder than it had been the time before.

I logged 10 miles total. If I were training for some big event I'd be out there pedaling away despite the rain. As it is, I'm just riding my bike to keep the string alive. Today marked 76 consecutive days on the bike.

As I am typing this report, I note that I have 395 miles for the month. If I had noted that earlier I would have pedaled 5 miles farther just to roll 400 over. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.


...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today............10...............0..............0...............0.................10 Jan...............395...............0...............0...............0...............395
Total............395...............0...............0...............0...............395

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.