Monday, January 5, 2015

Not All Who Wander are Lost

I had no plans to ride today. I figured the 65 day streak was coming to an end, and I was okay with that. I took care of some chores until just after 2PM. I noted that it was in the mid 50's with no rain at all today. After 65 days in a row, I kind of missed being on the bike, and the fixed gear bike was calling my name, wanting to come out and play.

I pedaled out without a plan. Something happened as I toured parking lots, pathways, and pretty neighborhoods in random fashion, I saw a bunch of stuff!


I was disheartened that I did not have my real camera with me.  The phone's camera is very wide angled, making things look farther away than they appear to the naked eye.  Mt Hood was dressed in a coat of fresh snow.

Ducks were out enjoying the day as well.  Here two Mallard hens frame a pair of unidentified ducks.  I think they might be Blue Winged Teal, but I'm no duck expert.


Crossing Boekman Creek near its confluence with the Willamette River
 On occasion I would leave the sidewalks, paths, and parking lots and travel on (gasp!) roads. ;-)


Geese, doing what geese do.
A squirrel and I both decided it was time for a snack
 This is what the route looks like when there is no plan.


And so it was, my 66th consecutive day on the bike came to pass.
It doesn't get much more fun than this!

...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today............14...............0..............0...............0................14 Jan................84...............0...............0...............0...............84
Total.............84...............0...............0...............0...............84

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.