Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A change in the weather

After a couple of days of Spring like conditions, the weather changed a bit.  I suppose that it is still like Spring since temperatures were in the 50's as opposed to ice and snow that is possible in normal Januarys.  Today a light drizzle fell most of the day. (but by 6PM had only amounted to 0.02")

I had a couple of errands to run and chose to do them by bike.  I rode to the library to pick up some books that were on reserve, then rode to the grocery store to make sure I had adequate breakfast this week. ;-)

After unloading from the errands, I went for a "recreational" ride.  I started off with some exploration of neighborhood features.  I found myself at the head of Wolf Creek Ravine. There were signs posted telling of a restoration in progress, but on the ground it looked a lot like the information to be found about this Seattle natural area.......ie, a blank slate. The community garden located there was more developed.


I rode along the crown of Queen Anne, being too lazy to go down the steep hill, or climb back up!


The clouds were low and heavy with moisture.



It was typical Pacific Northwest weather though.  Not raining hard enough to put on a raincoat or carry an umbrella, but not dry enough for shorts and t-shirt.

It was a nice bike ride though!

...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total
Today............. 9...............0..............0...............0...................9 Jan...............646...............0...............0...............0...............646
Total............646...............0...............0...............0...............646


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.