Monday, January 19, 2015

Day 80!

 Who would have suspected that when I agreed to the challenge to ride every day in November that it would morph into 80 consecutive days on the bike, but that is what happened, and it isn't over yet.

Today I finally got to preride the 60 mile route that I've been trying to get on for weeks.  The weather cooperated and there was a lot of blue sky around.  There were some big puffy clouds around, and I did see a couple of rainbows in the distance but I never had rain, and the roads were dry.


There has been significant rain in the last few days, and the rivers are high.  The Wheatland Ferry on the Willamette River is closed because of high water.  The Willamette River looks like chocolate milk.

My route crossed the Willamette River just south of Wilsonville, then took off southward across farmland. 


 Much of the low ground was flooded today and gave many unexpected rides "along the shoreline".
Here Lake Labish was doing it's best to resurrect itself.


It was a nice day to ride.  Temperature was reasonable for January, being in the upper 40's.


The high water was almost an issue.  I managed to get through okay, but it is surprisingly difficult to ride through 8" of water!


I'll probably modify the route slightly before I lead the "official" ride in a few weeks.  I expect the high water will not be an issue, but I did end up riding just under a mile of loose gravel road.  There are enough alternate roads in the area that bypassing gravel won't be too much of a problem. 


With my commute to the start of the official route, and my commute back after the ride, I ended up with 66 miles,..... all on the fixie!

It was a fun day!



...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today............66...............0..............0...............0..................66 Jan...............500...............0...............0...............0...............500
Total............500...............0...............0...............0...............500

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.