Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Over the River, Through the Woods, and beyond!

I had three appointments to attend to in Washington County today.  It started off foggy this morning so I waited until noon when the fog lifted to ride to Hillsboro to tend to a landscape lighting issue at my Mom's house.  I rode to Tualatin then crossed the Tualatin River and rode through Cook Park.  The geese were out in the hundreds.


I passed by several time/temperature displays.  They all showed between 57 and 59.  That's pretty remarkable for January in NW Oregon!

I got to Mom's and replaced a GFI outlet.  That fixed part of the problem, but it needs a bit more attention, but I didn't have time today.  I had to get to Forest Grove for my next meeting.

I got to Forest Grove and met with my stock broker.  He knows I bike and said he knew it had to be me as he saw a bike coming in the parking lot. ;-)

After 45 minutes taking care of business there I had nearly 2 hours before my Fire District Board meeting started, and it was only about a mile away.  I ducked into the library and spent some time reading Rolling Stone magazines.

It was dark by the time the Fire Board meeting started.

The forecast predicted that fog would rebuild and it was correct.   When the meeting was over at 9 PM I was not surprised to see moderate fog in the Forest Grove area.  I put on 3 rear lights and pedaled out. I was hoping to make it to Beaverton before fog got much worse.  From there onward I'd be on separated paths most of the way and not have to worry about visibility to motor vehicle drivers.

As I moved east the fog became thinner.  From Hillsboro to Beaverton was mostly clear, and from Beaverton to Tigard was also pretty good.  Once I got to Tigard the fog became spotty.  Some places were pretty good.

The closer I got to Wilsonville the thicker the fog became.


The ride out to Forest Grove was great, and even the ride back in the dark and fog was better than you'd expect.  Traffic was light and it wasn't very cold.





...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today............72...............0..............0...............0................72 Jan...............166...............0...............0...............0...............166
Total............166...............0...............0...............0...............166

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.