Thursday, January 29, 2015

Finally

I had been wanting to ride to Red Hook Brewery for the last week.  I finally got there today.  No, not for a sampling of their famous brews, but as a turn around spot for a 50 mile ride.

I frittered away most of the morning, finally getting on the bike at 11:30 AM.

It was nice weather, blue sky and temperatures in the high 40's as I started out. 

The Burke-Gilman Trail continues to be closed in the University of Washington area.  It seems that every time I ride through there a different detour route is set up through campus.



Seattle Parks crews were taking advantage of the nice weather by doing some trail surface maintenance. 






I stopped in Kenmore for junk food replenishment then continued on to the end of the Burke-Gilman Trail. Just before entering the Sammamish River Trail I passed through the Wayne Tunnel.


I continued along the Sammamish River, looking for a photo opportunity that I had not yet utilized in previous trips. 

Today was my 90th consecutive day on the bike.  Early in December a friend jokingly said I should go for 100 days.  I had no plans to do that, but now that seems like a reasonable goal.  Day 100 will be the day after a 60 mile Birthday Ride. If I survive that I should be able to get on the bike for a few miles to bring it to 100 days.

...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total
Today.............50...............0..............0...............0..................50 Jan...............722...............0...............0...............0...............722
Total............722...............0...............0...............0...............722


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.