Thursday, November 7, 2019

#ridingeverydayinNovember day 7

We had just a touch of frost this morning, and thick fog. I waited for the sun to warm it up a bit and burn the fog off.  Luckily I had an open schedule today and had flexibility.  I started off at noon on a errand run. It was 54 degrees.


My first stop was a at the Post Office to drop a letter in the outgoing mail. I registered with the U.S Weather Service to be an official weather watcher.  I figured it was about time to put the home weather station to beneficial use.


The next stop was for lunch. I decided that teriyaki sounded good.  It was!


After refueling, I hopped back on the bike and pedaled around more or less randomly trying to stay on low traffic roads.

I was surprised how much autumn color was around. My lady friend lives in a tropical climate where leaves don't turn color and fall off, they really don't have seasons like we do, just wet season and dry season.  She is fascinated with all the photos of fall colors I send.  She laughed at this photo and remarked that the leaves were now a carpet. ;-)


Mt Hood is still out there, but the remnants of morning fog make it difficult to see. Look carefully.



I continued to ride even after I reached my 5 mile minimum because the weather was so nice.


It reached 63 F as the afternoon rolled on.  It was like a spring day!  It can't last, it's November, traditionally our wettest month.  So far this November we have NO rain!



I managed to ride 10 miles of random wanderings on this 7th day of #ridingeverydayinNovember.



...........Road Bike......Rollers........MTB...........Lifecycle......Total

Today.......10..................0.................0......................0............10

Jan...........0.................. 0..................0.....................0..............0

Feb...........0..................0..................0.....................0...............0

March.......0..................0..................0.....................0...............0

April..........0.................0..................0......................0...............0

May..........0..................0..................80....................0..............80

June........63.................0..................59....................0..............122

July..........86.................0..................78....................0..............206

August......24.................0.................0.....................0..............24

September.23................0.................0.....................0..............23

October........0................0.................0.....................0................0

November....61..............0.................0.....................0.............61

YTD.........284...............0................218.....................0.............503

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.