Wednesday, November 6, 2019

#ridingeverydayinNovember day 6

I am on the North Oregon Coast to attend a fire service meeting and brought the bike, because #ridingeverydayinNovember. I arrived early enough that I took the opportunity to ride before the meeting.

Seaside has a pedestrian path called The Prom, as in the promenade. It looked like the perfect place to ride bike for a few miles. I started where the Lewis and Clark Expedition stopped 150 odd years ago.


The entire Willamette Valley was fogged in when I left this morning. It was nice to see clear skies on the beach.


I rode from one end of The Prom to the other and found it to be about 2 miles in length. I pedaled along keeping mindful of retired people walking their pocket puppies.

I rode a couple of laps to get my 5 miles in. My only concern was where are these people in this low lying town going to go when the "big one" comes and generates a tsunami?

Today I had good luck, I had no close calls with inattentive drivers and no tsunamis were invading. I had clear pedaling on The Prom.


When I had near five miles, and the meeting was about to begin, I moved over to the residential street and pedaled quickly back.

I ended up with 5.9 miles.



...........Road Bike......Rollers........MTB...........Lifecycle......Total


Today.......6..................0.................0......................0.............6

Jan...........0.................. 0..................0.....................0..............0

Feb...........0..................0..................0.....................0...............0

March.......0..................0..................0.....................0...............0

April..........0.................0..................0......................0...............0

May..........0..................0..................80....................0..............80

June........63.................0..................59....................0..............122

July..........86.................0..................78....................0..............206

August......24.................0.................0.....................0..............24

September.23................0.................0.....................0..............23

October........0................0.................0.....................0................0

November....51..............0.................0.....................0.............51



YTD.........284...............0................218.....................0.............503

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.