Sunday, November 17, 2019

Day 17 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

It was predicted to be a day of rain showers.  Again, they missed it.  We had 0.06" of rain.  It fell in a one hour window beginning at 11:45 AM.  I started riding at 1:30!

I went to Tualatin and started from there toward the Fanno Creek Trail.

I never made it there, I got sidetracked by the Tualatin River.  The name Tualatin comes from the native Atafalati tribe's language meaning "lazy"  The river only drops 250 ft in the 68 miles from Cherry Grove to its mouth, having most of its excitement in the first 12 miles where it drops about 1800 ft.  Today it certainly looked lazy.

@Tualatin Community Park
The wind was calm today, allowing nearly perfect reflections on the slow moving stream.


I made the turn into Cook Park.  As I pulled off to get yet another photo of the placid river..........


......I spotted a beaver swimming gently upstream. I couldn't get my camera out of my backpack quick enough to get its photo before the streamside brush obscured him.  I spent the next 15 minutes playing cat and mouse with the large aquatic rodent, but the closest I came to getting an unobstructed photo of the beaver was to get a photo of its lunch.


The beaver won the game today, so I pedaled on.


It was a laid back day.  Unlike years past when I was closing in on a 10,000 mile year, this year I'll be lucky to get 750 miles. It is funny how getting run over by two inattentive drivers within 11.5 months (who were not held responsible!) can change your priorities.

I just tootled along taking in the scenery.


It took a lot of alternate routes rather than the main path I take when riding toward Beaverton. Today I was even on a few short packed gravel paths.  It was a peaceful afternoon.



I finished up just as the sun was getting ready to set. Nothing like getting my money's worth of the available daylight!

It was a fun pedal, and best yet?  No rain!


Today.......11..................0.................0......................0..............11

Jan...........0.................. 0..................0.....................0...............0

Feb...........0..................0..................0.....................0...............0

March.......0..................0..................0.....................0...............0

April..........0.................0..................0......................0..............0

May..........0..................0..................80....................0..............80

June........63.................0..................59....................0..............122

July..........86.................0..................78...................0..............164

August......24.................0.................0.....................0..............24

September.23................0.................0......................0..............23

October........0................0.................0.....................0................0

November...194..............0.................0.....................0............194

YTD.........390...............0................217...................0.............607

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.