Sunday, November 10, 2019

Day 10 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

 We got our first rain of the month, 0.01" just after midnight. By daylight it would be grey, but dry.  I had early afternoon plans to help a friend so rode early and closer to home.

I drove to Tualatin and pedaled northward on the bike path toward Cook Park. I kept pedaling along the path and eventually got on the Fanno Creek Trail.

Not surprisingly, the trail follows Fanno Creek and the associated wetlands. Today the Herons were out in force searching for food.

When I got to Tigard and was along Tigard Street I noticed that they are doing some work on the old railroad right of way to convert it to a multi use path. 

I pedaled until I had just over 7 miles and faced Hall Blvd, a road that climbed up into Beaverton. Since I had an appointment soon I figured this was a good place to turn around. 

Rather than take the same route back I picked some alternate paths of the several that crisscrossed the wetland. I thought that with the dry month we've had that high water wouldn't be an issue. I guess the beavers had other plans.

I made my way back to the main trail.
I had spent too much I time taking photos and surfing social media. I picked up the pace a bit. 

Before too long I was back in Tualatin. I loaded up the bike and drive the rest of the way to Carol's house.

  

...........Road Bike......Rollers........MTB...........Lifecycle......Total

Today.......15..................0.................0......................0............15

Jan...........0.................. 0..................0.....................0..............0

Feb...........0..................0..................0.....................0...............0

March.......0..................0..................0.....................0...............0

April..........0.................0..................0......................0...............0

May..........0..................0..................80....................0..............80

June........63.................0..................59....................0..............122

July..........86.................0..................78....................0..............206

August......24.................0.................0.....................0..............24

September.23................0.................0.....................0..............23

October........0................0.................0.....................0................0

November...109..............0.................0.....................0............109

YTD.........323...............0................218.....................0.............541

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.