Friday, November 22, 2019

Day 22 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

I had a lot of business to attend to today. What's up with that?
The weather was beautiful, some frost in the morning but quickly warmed up. I went back to my new favorite place to get a few miles without having to ride riding with traffic. I started from the Juanita Pohl Center in Tualatin. The path from there takes me next to the Tualatin River to begin with.




I first biked down stream to the Tualatin River Greenway Trail. It has a representation of the Tualatin River laid out as a timeline. Here I was stopped at a point 15,000 years ago when the last of the Missoula Floods roared across the landscape.



There is a lot of elevated wooden walkway.


After riding this segment I turned back upstream. After a couple of miles I came across a woman walking an Irish Wolfhound and a developmentally disabled man. My friend Lisa has one named Odie so I asked if I could take a photo.


While they would allow a photo they told me to not pet the dog and that he only liked her. I moved along. 
I came across some ducks and a Great Blue Heron out enjoying the day.


As I came back toward Tualatin the dog and his people were ahead of me on the path. I was still about 50 feet away as a medium sized dog and its human passed them going the opposite direction. As they passed by the Wolfhound jumped and grabbed the smaller dog by the neck and was shaking it. When it jumped it pulled the leash from the hands of the woman. There was a ruckus going on that you would expect. The woman grabbed the wolfhound by the hair on its back and was trying to control it. She had a foot on the leash. As the dogs tussled I could see the leash slipping from under the woman's foot. I grabbed the loop of the leash and tried to get the woman's attention to let her know. She eventually saw the leash in my hand and lit into me for touching the leash.  She hissed that it was not proper for me to touch another person's dog leash. I responded that it was not proper to allow your dog to attack another dog on a public path. I rode on but noted as I did that the leash slid out from under the woman's foot and the fight was in with renewed vigor. 

The rest of the ride was uneventful.




Today ...10..................0.................0......................0.............10

Jan...........0.................. 0..................0.....................0...............0

Feb...........0..................0..................0.....................0...............0

March.......0..................0..................0.....................0...............0

April..........0.................0..................0......................0..............0

May..........0..................0..................80....................0..............80

June........63.................0..................59....................0..............122

July..........86.................0..................78...................0..............164

August......24.................0.................0.....................0..............24

September.23................0.................0......................0..............23

October........0................0.................0.....................0................0

November...241..............0.................0.....................0............241

YTD.........437...............0................217...................0.............654

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.