Monday, November 25, 2019

Day 25 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

I checked the hourly forecast on this day that had a 100% chance of rain.  It looked like it would be dry until noon, then rain the rest of the day.  I loaded up the fixie and took off for Tualatin figuring I could ride my 5 mile minimum and not ever get too far away if the weather turned wet.

As I arrived I looked at the sky.


It didn't look too bad so I decided right then that I might go for 10 miles.  I rode along the Tualatin River and noted that summer is over.  The rope swing sat silently waiting for kids to return when the weather warms back up.



The ducks didn't seem to mind the cooler weather.



I rode through Cook Park and looked for the portion of the Fanno Creek Trail that I saw on a map but have never actually seen in person.  I navigated by the lay of the land.  I could find Fanno Creek (via a dirt trail) but never found a paved path until I got to the library.


I followed the Fanno Creek Trail to Tigard.  The underside of a highway bridge was lit up for cyclist's enjoyment.


As I got to Hall Blvd (10 miles in)   I looked back at the sky. (I was heading north, and our weather usually comes from the south) There were definitely some dark clouds rolling in, but they didn't appear to be posing an imminent threat.  I decided to continue on my way northward.


I crossed over Denney Rd and at mile 13 I turned east as the Fanno Creek Trail follows the old Oregon Electric Railroad right of way. In the early years of the 20th century Garden Home was a transportation hub.  A branch line from here transported passengers to and from Forest Grove and stops between.


I reached the end of the trail at the Garden Home Recreation Center with 15.6 miles on the odometer.  Still no rain, but the sky was getting darker.

I took a more direct route back, skipping the dirt path.  It shaved a few miles off the route.


As I rolled into Cook Park (at 12:20 PM) I got the first drops of rain.  No big deal since I had my rain coat on, as well as rain booties, and it was not hard rain.

The rain was so light that I did not take the quickest route back but followed the non road options.

I got back to the Juanita Pohl Center just as the rain stopped.

Perfect timing and an nice ride.

...........Road Bike......Rollers........MTB...........Lifecycle......Total

Today ...29....................0.................0......................0..............29

Jan...........0.................. 0..................0.....................0................0

Feb...........0..................0..................0......................0...............0

March.......0..................0..................0.....................0................0

April..........0.................0..................0......................0...............0

May..........0..................0..................80....................0..............80

June........63.................0..................59....................0..............122

July..........86.................0..................78...................0..............164

August......24.................0.................0.....................0...............24

September.23................0.................0......................0...............23

October........0................0.................0.....................0................0

November...316..............0.................0.....................0............316

YTD.........512...............0................217...................0.............729

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.