Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Day 27 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

I was in Salem today and finally found time for a ride around noon.  The weather was cool, but much nicer than the surrounding areas, especially south, where snow and wind were the weather de jour.
I searched for bike paths to ride and came up with a network of trails that stretched from Minto-Brown Park to Wallace Marine Park. I have biked by and in Wallace Marine Park previously.  Today I started from Minto-Brown Park, a place I have biked by and floated by, but never actually been in.


I started off following the Willamette River, considerably smaller than it is in Portland, about 57 river miles downstream from Salem.


 As I neared Salem I noted a bridge that had been built since I was last in this area (MANY years ago!)



The bridge crossed a former channel of the Willamette.

I crossed over the former railroad bridge heading toward West Salem and Wallace Marine Park.



It was a beautiful day for a ride, but I had to be back in Portland by 3PM, so I had to be mindful of time. I started back, but did take a quick photo stop at the carousel in the park.




I also stopped to read a sign about the namesakes of Minto-Brown Park.


It was a nice ride, with just about perfect timing.  I arrived at my 3PM appointment in Portland with 1 minute to spare!


...........Road Bike......Rollers........MTB...........Lifecycle......Total

Today .....9....................0.................0......................0................9

Jan...........0.................. 0..................0.....................0................0

Feb...........0..................0..................0......................0...............0

March.......0..................0..................0.....................0................0

April..........0.................0..................0......................0...............0

May..........0..................0..................80....................0..............80

June........63.................0..................59....................0..............122

July..........86.................0..................78...................0..............164

August......24.................0.................0.....................0...............24

September.23................0.................0......................0...............23

October........0................0.................0.....................0................0

November...336..............0.................0.....................0............336

YTD.........532...............0................217...................0.............749

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.