Saturday, November 9, 2019

Day 9 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

This morning dawned cloudy, with the forecast calling for a chance of rain. I loaded up my bike and drove to Beaverton where I have a weekly Spanish class late in the morning.  Imagine my surprise when the class ended at noon and I stepped out of the building to see that it was raining lightly!


I grabbed a quick burger for lunch, then drove to Sellwood Riverside Park.  At the end of yesterday's ride a guy on a bike said that they had completed the Springwater Trail to now bypass the "missing link".  I couldn't imagine that had happened, but figured the best way to find out was to go take a look for myself.  Well, it hadn't happened.  You still have to ride on roads to get from Sellwood Riverside Park to the main section of the Springwater Corridor.

I drove the missing link and accessed the path eastward just west of the pedestrian bridge over 99E.


The path was damp, but not wet.  Good thing, my fixie does not have fenders!

I rode along easily heading east.  The path eventually dried completely and the temperature rose a bit, but it never got real warm. It was comfortable however.  I rode as far as Interstate 205, just over 5 miles out from where I had started from.

I turned around and rode back since it would soon be dark.  Today at least I had a front light on the bike (and always have a rear light on) but didn't see much use to ride in the dark, and the sky was getting darker is if threatening rain. I took this photo to capture some of the late fall color still hanging on.


As it ended up, the rain didn't amount to much.  In fact my personal weather station recorded  0.00 rainfall today.



It was a nice ride, still no rain, and nice temperatures.


...........Road Bike......Rollers........MTB...........Lifecycle......Total

Today.......10..................0.................0......................0............10

Jan...........0.................. 0..................0.....................0..............0

Feb...........0..................0..................0.....................0...............0

March.......0..................0..................0.....................0...............0

April..........0.................0..................0......................0...............0

May..........0..................0..................80....................0..............80

June........63.................0..................59....................0..............122

July..........86.................0..................78....................0..............206

August......24.................0.................0.....................0..............24

September.23................0.................0.....................0..............23

October........0................0.................0.....................0................0

November....84..............0.................0.....................0.............84

YTD.........307...............0................218.....................0.............526

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.