Thursday, November 28, 2019

Day 28 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

Happy Thanksgiving!  It was 33 degrees as I loaded up my bike and went to Tualatin in search of 5 miles (my self imposed minimum for my daily ride in the #ridingeverydayinNovember cycling challenge.) Being a national holiday there were very few cars on the road this early in the day, and the parking lots were empty.


I rode the quarter mile to the boat ramp where I met two women preparing to paddle on this beautiful, but chilly, morning. We chatted for a bit about the river and kayaking. They put their kayaks in the water and I pedaled onward.


The lazy river offered perfect reflections, despite the windy morning.


Before too long the two women appeared as they paddled their way up stream.


I didn't wait for them to get close enough for a good photo.  I was trying to get my miles in, get cleaned up, and get to Hillsboro by 11:30 to give my mom a ride to family Thanksgiving festivities.

There was a "turkey trot" taking place around Cook Park that put a lot of folks on the trails this morning. The single participants were not too much of a problem, the herds of a half dozen or more stretched across the full width of the trail and chattering loudly were another story!  I didn't take a photo of the runners, I was too busy negotiating my way through the groups.


Despite a low temperature at home this morning that did not reach the freezing point (low temp 32.5F) there was frost on the trails here. The paved trails were dry, but the pea gravel trails were damp and frozen.


The run was finishing up and the trails cleared out.  I was able to keep my "speed" up. I completed my 5 mile minimum.


I got back to the Juanita Pohl Center, loaded my bike up, drove down the road to 24 Hour Fitness for a quick shower and change into holiday clothes and drove out to mom's place arriving with 6 minutes to spare. :-)

I got mom to Thanksgiving dinner on time (even a bit early!)

The color scheme might have been red, but the politics was most definitely deep blue!

...........Road Bike......Rollers........MTB...........Lifecycle......Total

Today .....5....................0.................0......................0................5

Jan...........0.................. 0..................0.....................0................0

Feb...........0..................0..................0......................0...............0

March.......0..................0..................0.....................0................0

April..........0.................0..................0......................0...............0

May..........0..................0..................80....................0..............80

June........63.................0..................59....................0..............122

July..........86.................0..................78...................0..............164

August......24.................0.................0.....................0...............24

September.23................0.................0......................0...............23

October........0................0.................0.....................0................0

November...341..............0.................0.....................0............341

YTD.........537...............0................217...................0.............754

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.