Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day 1 of #30daysofbiking-April 1st, but no fooling

April 1st is notable for several things. 1) It is April Fools Day  2) Today was my Uncle Norm's funeral.  He was a good man.  3) It was day 1 of the Ride 30 Days  in April Challenge.  Though it is hosted by Washington Bikes, and I'm in Oregon, it seemed like a fun challenge.

\
 The rules say that even a ride around the block counts.  I didn't plan on doing that, but after 15 hours of other duties, it's about all I had time for.  It was dry in Seattle when I left there this morning and was raining by the time I was just a few miles south of Olympia.
I put on rain gear tonight for a fixed gear ride to the local teryaki establishment for a late dinner. I guess the program was a success tonight, it got me on the bike when I probably would have normally just bagged it for today and gone for a ride tomorrow.

Day 1 of  #30daysofbiking

............road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today..........4................0..............0...............0.............4 Jan.............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........701.............0..............0...............0............701
 April..............4.................0..............0...............0.............4
Total..........1993...............0..............0...............0.........1993

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.