Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day 2 of #30daysofbiking- around Mom's neighborhood

I had another busy day.  Despite new snow falling in the mountain passes, I took the studded tires off my pickup and put my summer tires back on.  During that process I found one of the summer tires had failed, and had to get a new one.

That put me late to my mom's to replace a damaged piece of slate in her patio.

Broken slate removed, ready to install new one
By the time I got that job done I had about an hour before dark to get a ride in. At 6:30 PM I started off on the fixed gear bike for........... Day 2 of #30daysofbiking.

I rode around mom's neighborhood a bit heading generally east.  I came to one abrupt dead end as I found myself on the airport perimeter.


I eventually popped out onto the spacious Evergreen Blvd.  I continued my easterly movement on the shoulder of the road, protected by the magic paint.


The sun was rapidly sinking, so I stopped riding east and started my turn back by following Brookwood St south for a short distance before looping around on side streets and getting back onto Evergreen Blvd.  It was a nice evening and I was riding in short sleeves for the first time this year.


I turned back into residential streets and finished the short ride up.  I got 10 miles, not a lot, but better than nothing.

 Tomorrow is supposed to be wet, but I've got plans to ride at least 20 miles out and back to Rocky Butte.


............road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today.........10................0..............0...............0............10 Jan.............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........701.............0..............0...............0............701
 April.............14.................0..............0...............0............14
Total..........2003...............0..............0...............0.........2003

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.