Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 24 of #30daysofbiking-squeezed one in

When I signed up for #30daysofbiking they said that even a lap around the block counted.
I've never dropped that low, but today was close.

I had really hoped to ride the 104 mile route that I first rode a couple of weeks ago, but a list of chores kept me home. 

In between the rain showers today I was treating the roof for moss, fertilizing lawn,fixing a gutter,  checking fence, and other yard chores as well as doing a little Mother's Day shopping.  As the day was coming to an end I knew I had to get on the bike or I'd miss my chance for a clean sweep of the 30 day thing.

I got on the fixie and headed out the driveway.  I saw some dark clouds toward the southwest.  I pedaled hard.  I made a 4 mile loop with plans to ride another matching loop out the other way. As I turned back toward home the wind picked up and the first few big drops fell on me.  I had a nylon windbreaker on, but no rain gear.  I turned into the driveway just as the rain really started coming down.

Once again, a 4 mile day will have to suffice.

...........road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today..........4................0..............0...............0.............4 Jan............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........701.............0..............0...............0............701
April..........554.................0..............0...............0..........554 Total..........2543...............0..............0...............0.........2543

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.