Saturday, April 19, 2014

Day 19 of #30daysridingbike-Pre Easter

Ah, the vagaries of Spring weather prognostication.  Several days ago I staged my carbon bike at my mother's house in anticipation of today's predicted nice weather, and the opportunity to go for a little ride in the sunshine today after a little pre-Easter shindig.  The morning started out mostly sunny, but by 10 AM it was raining.  I tossed in rain gear.

The family (about 25 of us today) met at mom's house to share food and company today.  My contribution to the potluck brunch was turkey sausage.


By the time we were done eating, and kids (of varying ages!) were hunting for eggs the weather had changed from steady rain to showers interspersed with drying.

I was just about ready to ride when the wind picked up and rain came sideways.
I paused in the garage astride my bike.

Finally the rain stopped and the sun came out, with a pretty good swath of blue sky behind it.
I bravely pedaled out.

The road was wet, but the sun was out and it wasn't raining.


With family members sitting at mom's, I didn't want to be away too long, and didn't want to press my luck with the rain! I rode an extended lap around the neighborhood.






It was a bit windy, but nothing terrible. 8 miles, not much, but enough to keep the #30daysofbiking streak alive.



...........road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today.........8................0..............0...............0............8 Jan............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........701.............0..............0...............0............701
April..........468.................0..............0...............0..........468 Total..........2457...............0..............0...............0.........2457

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.