Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Day 30 of #30daysofbiking-Coasting to completion

Today was the last day of my pledge to ride bike 30 consecutive days in April.  The weather was perfect for biking, temperatures in the upper 70's, even pockets into the low 80's beckoned me to spin pedals.  I considered riding 62 miles to reach 800 miles for the month but just couldn't muster the required energy.

Instead I just coasted to closure by hopping on the fixed gear bike and riding down from Queen Anne to Ballard.  I had a fast food lunch and visited Fred Meyer to pick up some garden seeds. I rode back up Queen Anne and stopped to take in the view.
Lake Washington in the foreground, Lake Samammish beyond
 I continued a few blocks down the south side to the Queen Anne P-Patch at Trolley Hill Park where I planted the beans, zuchinni, and yellow crook neck seeds that I had picked up.


I didn't do many miles, but I did complete my #30daysofbiking pledge.  During those 30 days I rode over 100 miles once for my highest mileage day this month, and less than 5 miles several times with a ride of 3 miles being my lowest mileage day. While my 749 miles for the month is my high so far this year, it is far from my highest month.

It was a fun goal.

Now we go into May, designated as Bike Month and celebrated with many bike related events throughout the country.



...........road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today.........11................0..............0...............0............11 Jan............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........701.............0..............0...............0............701
April..........749.................0..............0...............0..........749 Total..........2738...............0..............0...............0.........2738

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.