Monday, April 28, 2014

Day 28 of #30daysofbiking-shopping

I was hoping to go for a ride of sufficient miles to reach 700 miles for the month today, but alas.  I performed a few household chores this morning, then frittered away the rest of the morning.  Finally at noon decided I'd better get on the fixie and go for a ride. As I walked out the door Julie suggested that I be back by 3pm for a potential kayak adventure.  My time to ride the route for attaining 700 monthly miles had just evaporated, so I changed plans.

I rode down the south side of Queen Anne and soon was glad that I have brakes on my fixie.  There was a steep block with rough bricks as surface.  As I neared the end of the block the chain jumped off.  I was going to be free falling through the intersection, but  grabbed the brakes and brought everything to a halt. 

I put the chain back on, adjusted tension, and continued down the hill to Kidd Valley for a burger and chocolate milkshake.

Part of my new plan was to get some fizzy denture cleaner.  No, I don't have dentures, but the product does wonders for cleaning the gunk out of bike bottles. I continued down Queen Anne Ave to Elliot Ave then 15th to Nickerson. I knew that I could find the fizzy stuff at Fred Meyer so I rode across ship canal on the Fremont Bridge.

I used my "latte lock", ran into Freddy's, made my purchase, and was back out on the bike in a flash.

From here all I had to do was ride back along the ship canal, cross the Fremont Bridge again, then climb back up Queen Anne on a fixie.  ;-)


I didn't make 700 monthly miles today, but there is always tomorrow. 

Day 28 of #30daysofbiking is in the bag.


 ...........road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today.........13................0..............0...............0............13 Jan............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........701.............0..............0...............0............701
April..........672.................0..............0...............0..........672 Total..........2661...............0..............0...............0.........2661

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.