Friday, April 25, 2014

Day 25 of #30daysofbiking-Will ride for pastry!

The morning looked a bit better than it has recently. It was perfect for cleaning gutters and repairing a downspout.  I've got a road trip on tap for this afternoon, so spent the last bit of free time this morning going for a little ride.  I pedaled a few miles in the neighborhood on the fixie with the sun shining, but soon noticed dark clouds, and that tell tale feeling in the air of rain coming.


I formulated a contingency plan. I pedaled toward a nearby grocery store knowing they had a wide covered entry.......and fresh baked donuts on the shelf!   I parked the bike, locked it up, and walked in just as a few drips began falling.

The rain never did amount to much, as the bulk of it traveled north of me, but while I was stopped I figured I'd just as well make it worthwhile.


Following my caloric replenishment I hopped back on the bike and pedaled around the low traffic side streets near Memorial Park.

Soon I was running out of time for such dalliance and headed back toward home.

Again, not many miles, but at least more than the recent 4 mile days, but enough to check the box for Day 25 of #30daysofbiking


...........road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today.........11................0..............0...............0............11 Jan............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........701.............0..............0...............0............701
April..........565.................0..............0...............0..........565 Total..........2554...............0..............0...............0.........2554

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.