Sunday, March 30, 2014

Miles to Marymoor

 I noted that I had to ride 63 miles between today and  tomorrow to roll over 700 miles for the month.  Today was supposed to rain in Seattle, but not as wet and stormy as yesterday.  After some negotiations that fell through with a potential riding partner I rolled out at 10 AM.  I headed toward Marymoor Park, knowing that would get me near 60 miles round trip.

It was an easy ride, starting down Queen Ann hill then rolling with a good tailwind along the Burke-Gilman Trail.  I stopped at Mathews Beach.


 Ths sky was mostly cloudy, with some clouds so dark that I thought for sure I'd put my goretex to use.

I continued on to the Samammish River trail and followed it as it curved around into the wind.


I got out near Marymoor and stopped for a bit and watched dads and their kids launch model rockets.  I continued up Bear Creek trail for a bit but gave up when the trail was detoured because of high water.  I turned back around when I had just over 30 miles.

I retraced my outbound route on the Samammish River Trail until I reached the very end, then took the alternate way to connect back to the Burke-Gilman Trail.






As I neared the Fremont Bridge it looked like I was going to be a little short on miles to reach 700 for the month, so I continued on the B-G to Ballard.  I finally turned around when I saw 60 miles on the odometer.

As I turned around I approached a 4 way stop.  I slowed to a stop, a "person on a bike" blew past me, and through the stop sign much to the chagrin of a motor vehicle driver who had to brake for the fool. Thanks guy for doing so much to soothe tensions between cyclists and motor vehicles.

I made my way back up Queen Ann and rolled the bike into the garage with 64 miles for the day, and 701 for the month.  Whatever I ride tomorrow will be gravy!  Not a drop of rain today.




............road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today.........64................0..............0...............0............64 Jan.............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........701.............0..............0...............0............701 Total..........1989...............0..............0...............0.........1989

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.