Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sunshine!

I was driving down I-5 today.  How fortuitous that I should  have two bikes with me as I crossed into Oregon and saw Mt Hood glistening in the sunshine to the east.  I exited I-5 at the very first Oregon exit, changed into bike clothes, and took the fixie out for a little spin along the Columbia River.

It may not yet be Spring, but it was a nice Spring ride!  The temperature was pretty close to 60 as I pedaled eastward along the Marine Drive bike path with a bit of tailwind.


I was just over ten miles out when I figured I'd better turn around to avoid darkness.  I was about 4 mph slower going into the wind. It was a nice break from driving down I-5.  As I crossed back over the water to Hayden Island I noted how nice Mt Hood was looking in the dimming light.


As I stood there taking the photo and taking in the sights my mind wandered to the Waffle Rides of old. It would have been a good night to stage one of those.  Alas, that was then, this is now.

It was a good evening for a ride, glad I had my bike with me!


............road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today..........21................0..............0...............0.............21 Jan.............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........328.............0..............0...............0............328 Total..........1616...............0..............0...............0.........1616

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.