Monday, March 10, 2014

An Adventure

 The word "adventure" is rarely used to describe a 3 mile round trip to the post office, but today it describes it quite well.

  I went to the post office to mail a couple of registrations to ride the McClinchy Mile bike ride in Arlington, Washington next weekend and payment for the Portland Wheelmen's STP bus.  The sun was shining through the windows at home, it looked to be the perfect day to bike there.  As I rolled out the driveway I noted some puffy dark clouds around, but no concerns, after all, I was only going to the post office!

I made it there and was sliding the envelopes through when the first big drops of rain fell.  I made my way under the post office covered entry and waited about 5 minutes as an intense rain shower passed. I took off as the rain tapered off to a few scattered drips. 

Before I could get 2 blocks, the rain came down in torrents.  I ducked under Ace Hardware's covered entry.  The rain turned to hail. The cashier stuck her head out the door and complimented me on my timing.

This time I waited longer to make sure it had really stopped before I rolled out again.  I pedaled over to McD for a bite to eat, and lo and behold, it started hailing hard again!

I took a refill on my soda and waited a bit longer.

I guess that's the kind of day I should expect when I can look one way and see this:






Then look the other way and see this:




In between there was this:


Only 3 miles, but it was an adventure!  I made it home without getting wet.



............road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today...........3................0..............0...............0.............3 Jan.............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........133.............0..............0...............0............133
Total..........1421...............0..............0...............0.........1421

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.