Sunday, March 9, 2014

Another Field Trip Day

Well, sort of.

After a nonstop rain day yesterday, on what was originally predicted to be the driest day, today was dry, on what was earlier predicted to be a wet day. I had a few errands to run. What better way to do it than to bike? I made a couple of rides to town for various supplies. After completing the projects I was working on the weather was still pretty darn nice. I hopped on the fixie and just went for a tour of the neighborhood.

I am a vocal supporter of riding with a helmet at all times, but.....me bad...... if I'm just riding the fixie to town I sometimes don't wear one. The route to the hardware store is just over a mile, and can virtually all be done on sidewalks or parking lots. My fixie has flat pedals, so literally I can just hop on a go for a ride.

I pedaled through parking lots and vacant residential streets and got to the historic site of Boone's Ferry.

Click on the photo to view full size and be able to read the text

The Willamette was running high from the recent heavy rains.


I continued to ride through city parks, parking lots, and quiet residential streets. Finally, with the day coming to an end I thought about getting a bite to eat. As I'm pedaling toward caloric nirvana I come across my sister who is out for a little fast paced stroll.


She rightly scolds me for not wearing my helmet, then takes my photo for proof of my stupidity.


I don't know why, but Friday was awesome weather but I didn't ride much, wanting to stay fresh for Saturday's ride....that was supposed to have awesome weather as well. Saturday was a very wet day but I rode 59 miles. Today was supposed to be wet, but was dry, and again I am a slacker. Can I only ride when it's raining?

It was a short mileage day, but a lot of fun!



............road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today..........16................0..............0...............0............16 Jan.............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........130.............0..............0...............0............130
Total..........1418...............0..............0...............0.........1418

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.