Monday, March 24, 2014

A busy day, just not much biking

I had an appointment with the tax man today, had bike supplies to purchase, a conference call to attend, and other details to attend to.  I did manage to get a new tire on the fixie.  It is a 700-28c as opposed to the 700-38c installed as original equipment.  The original tires were cheap (well, the whole bike was cheap!) and I was having more flats than I could put up with.  I was hoping to just get higher quality 35-38 cm tires, but could not find what I wanted.  I ended up with a 28 cm.  It lays out pretty flat on the wide rims and I wanted to ride a few miles to see if there were any issues. The new tire says 100 psi minimum, the existing tires had 60 psi MAXIMUM.  So less tire, lower sidewalls, more pressure.   The bike rides rougher, but everything else seems fine.  I don't know if sidewall damage will be more likely.  I guess more miles will tell.

But for tonight, the first ten miles around the neighborhood were good.

............road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today.........10................0..............0...............0............10 Jan.............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........604.............0..............0...............0............604 Total..........1892...............0..............0...............0.........1892

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.