Friday, March 21, 2014

An Unplanned Frozen Yogurt Run

 It was an absolutely gorgeous day.  I couldn't resist, I took the fixed gear bike and went for a ride.  I started at the McDonalds near Oregon City and rode north to the Clackamas River. I followed that until I could access the I-205 Bike Path and then followed that toward the Columbia River.
As I'd cross over I-205 I noted how nice it was to be on a bike, and just how frustrating it would be to be in a motor vehicle.


 Once I got to the Columbia River I goofed around. I toured a path that followed the Columbia Slough.



 I watched three fighter jets swoop in for a landing.  I could not get my camera out in time to get a photo, but did see the pilots' faces as they dropped from the sky.  The commercial jet that lumbered in was easier to frame. The fighter jets were MUCH closer!


I rode into Cascade Station and was hijacked by the opportunity to score some frozen yogurt.


On the return trip I rode through the City of Maywood Park, unique for several things, one being that the city is completely surrounded by Portland.


As I waited at one of the road crossings for my signal I had a little altercation.  The bike path's signal indicated it was my turn to go.  The motor vehicles had a red light. I started into the cross walk, when a SUV decided that they were in too much of a hurry to get on the clogged up freeway and failed to stop as required,  and swerved closely around me to get on the on-ramp.  I gave the rear quarter panel a good hard slap is it passed. The driver looked surprised.  Duh.

I had a favorable breeze assisting me on my return  It was a nice day despite the crazy driver, nearly 60 degrees, and the little push just made it all the better.  What a great day on the bike!


............road bike..........rollers........mtb.........lifecycle....total
Today..........45................0..............0...............0.............45 Jan.............710................0..............0...............0...........710
Feb........... 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ...........439.............0..............0...............0............439 Total..........1727...............0..............0...............0.........1727

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.