Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wondering

I'm in Salem, the State Capital as well as the County Seat of ......Marion County.
My road bike is sitting in my LBS getting an estimate on how much it will cost to repair the damage caused by the guy who thinks he owns the whole %^$#^% road.
It would seem that at least some members of the Marion County Sheriff's Office agree with him. The saying "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" should certainly apply to the police as well as the public.

Sorry, I digress.

Since my road bike is in the shop my plan to ride from Forest Grove to Salem to attend a late morning meeting then ride back is scuttled. I did bring my mountain bike along with me to Salem. After my meeting I hope to press it into road service and ride part of the Peach of a Century route. Of course the fact that this will require riding on roads in Marion County is weighing on my mind. How should one prepare for riding in such a bike hostile environment? Helmet cam video? Pepper spray? 3000 of my closest bike friends riding along?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.