Thursday, March 19, 2009

short term plans?

prepare for rain! ;-)

April 4th has been set as the date for the third annual De Ronde van Oeste Portlandia.

I've participated in both of the previous renditions of this hill climbing madness, rained both times! A new slightly longer route this year with a little more climbing. I'll be there this time too, might as well expect rain. ;-) There are rumors that a noted local television program will be there to document the pain.
The first De Ronde van Oeste Portlandia was memorialized on Youtube:


More imminent than that is this Saturday's Scio Covered Bridges Permanent with some Oregon Randonneurs. 125 miles of riding around the Cascade foothills and over multiple covered bridges. Bridges cross rivers, rivers are in canyons, getting from one canyon to another requires climbing hills. Hills in the rain seems to be the subject of my riding plans!

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty impressively bumpy Saturday ride. I particularly like the hill at km 55-60, where it helpfully gets steeper (and steeper, and ohmygodwilliteverstop! steeper) the further up you go.

    I'll have to drag the xtracycle out one of these days (not the 4th; being dropped by 450 people at km 5 would take *all* of the fun out the experiment) and see how far I can push myself along it before my heart explodes, screaming, from my chest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.