Tuesday, March 10, 2009

time is still ticking



It's been 30 hours since I was told that the deputy would return my call "shortly".
No return call yet.

I'll withhold any comment and let you come to your own conclusion.



Time is also ticking inexorably toward March 26, my day in Marion County Court.
The day has been filled with email and phone calls busily trying to get this to all come together. This unfortunate event is bigger than just a single guy on a bike. Ramifications spill over to anyone who rides a bike on Oregon's roads. I am hoping that some of the larger and more powerful bicycle organizations will determine that this falls under their roles as educators and advocates. "Share the Road" bumper stickers and license plates, when bolstered with a little publicity of what happens when drivers don't share, would present a powerful message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.