Thursday, March 5, 2009

use of lethal force

I am attending day two of the Northwest Leadership Seminar. This morning's presentation is entitled "The Science of Perception" and is given by Dr. William Lewinski. Dr. Lewinski is the director of the Force Science Research Center. The first comments he gave were that when police officers are involved in the use of lethal force it is important to have a complete and unbiased investigation so that officers are not charged unnecessarily.

Then next subject was that firearms instruction is not to teach an officer how to fire a gun, but how to stop a threat.

Needless to say, I am all ears. I have no interest in becoming a police officer. I do however have a lot of interest in seeing a complete and unbiased investigation when there is a use of deadly force.

Like I said, if that SUV driver had threatened the lives of the officers, instead of mine, there is no doubt in my mind that my current situation would be much different.

Cyclists are people too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.