Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Countdown


Those who've followed my biking exploits know that one of my favorite riding buddies is a young woman by the name of Erinn. She's always had a smile on her face (well, except for the time we waited for 3 hours at the airport for her luggage!) and is a good riding match for me. Sometimes she kicked my behind and a few times I managed to kick hers, but it was always a good workout. There were a few social events, but the rides were always all business. I've been able to depend on her for riding company for probably 3 years or so.



Riding the Monster Cookie Metric Century, Spring 08

In the last year or so I became aware that she had a boyfriend. (hey, I'm a riding buddy, not Dear Abbey!) He's a military pilot stationed near Las Vegas. I joked with her that the darn boyfriend was going to cost me a riding partner. Well, the joke's not so funny when it comes true.


Erinn is moving to Las Vegas in just under two weeks. It will be an exciting new chapter in her life and I am happy for her. It will be hard to find another riding partner as strong as she is with a flexible schedule like she had, and with that ever present smile.

Tonight a few of us who had ridden with her met at Salvadore Mollies to share a meal and a few drinks while talking about bikes and life in general.



So long Erinn, fare thee well. I hope our paths cross again.


I managed to get out on the bike late this morning for a short ride. The forecast had been for rain possibly mixed with snow.....but it stayed dry. I may not be so lucky in the morning when I am to lead a group ride. I took advantage of the dry weather and rode out to Hagg Lake and did two laps.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............43...............0.................43
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total......96.....+.........0........=........96
Year to date...1212.....+.........30.......=......1242
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.