Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tempting Fate

There was a slight drizzle falling this morning as I shoved off on a to be determined route of yet unknown distance. The wind was out of the south, but not too bad, maybe 10 mph or so. More important than the speed was what a south wind means in these parts.......rain likely. I was tempting the weather.......and I was riding in Marion County! Yikes!

I am in Salem again for a late in the day meeting so I came down early, always enjoying a new location to ride. I parked near Lancaster Mall and rode down Lancaster to State Street then out to Howell Prairie Rd. I took it north towards Mt Angel where I figured that with 23 miles so far it was a good place to stop for a snack. From Mt Angel I rode out to Scotts Mills then turned north towards Molalla. I wasn't sure how much hill riding I would get into in this stretch but the weather was decent so far and I felt ready for whatever came. Oh, and the knowledge that I could turn around if it got too tough also played into the equation! ;-) This section wasn't too bad and I was soon in Molalla where I turned back in a generally southern direction and rode to Silverton. Arriving in Silverton with just under 60 miles was another good opportunity to have a snack and refill the water bottle.

From Silverton I rode south on Cascade Hwy to State Street where I turned back to Salem and finished up my ride.

It was a good ride, with better than anticipated weather. I had some heavy mist from time to time, but never enough moisture to make the roads splashy.

My route is HERE


I have a busy day here tomorrow. The day begins with a visit to the Marion County Court... to see if they want to play the game. Depending on how long that takes, I may or may not be in time to my second appointment of the day, a legislative committee meeting. I'll go straight from there to a hearing in the Capital Building to show support for some impending legislation related to emergency response.

Tomorrow evening it's back to the Hillsboro/North Plains area for a little hill interval work with some other crazy folks on bikes! ;-)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today............75...............0.................75
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....598.....+.........0........=.......598
Year to date...1714.....+.........30.......=......1744
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.