Saturday, March 21, 2009

I was almost an Oregon Randonneur today



I joined Oregon Randonneurs a few months back
. While I'm a member I just am not driven by having my name in a book in France or winning shiny medals for long mileage. My battles are more personal, as are my victories. For that reason I just don't find the need to register for rides and jump through all the hoops to get "credit" for the ride. I just ride the miles.

Today my miles were with John Henry and Joanne who were on one of their tandems.



We began from Wilsonville at 7AM, a few others started at 8AM. Our "permanent" of choice today was the 125.1 mile Scio Covered Bridges Permanent.

The weather was dry and mild as we took off. We had some really good riding conditions for the first 50 miles or so and rode through 3 covered bridges.







It began raining about 55 miles into our ride and kept it up continuously until we reached mile 88. It seemed like the kind of rain that would last all day so we were really surprised when it not only quit, but eventually cleared up!



We really enjoyed the improving conditions........as well as the noticeable tailwind.



We pedaled into our finish with a 15.4 mph average. Not shabby for this old guy.

Tomorrow a group of us are doing a repeat of the 100k Snoozeville Populaire route.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...............Road Bike.....LifeCycle.....Total Miles
Today...........125...............0................125
Jan total.......501.....+.........30.......=.......531
Feb total.......614.....+.........0........=.......614
March total.....406.....+.........0........=.......406
Year to date...1522.....+.........30.......=......1552
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.