Monday, November 26, 2018

Day 26 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

After yesterday's record setting ride, I was pleased to be able to ride well today.  It was raining moderately, but was 13F degrees warmer than yesterday.  At 5 AM it was 41, the heater in the greenhouse wasn't even running!  I took my rain bike out for a spin, for the first time in over a year.  I have a clip on rear fender for the fixie, but there is nothing quite so nice as having full fenders. My rain bike has that as well as buddy flaps front and rear. That keeps the bike's drive chain much cleaner, and my feet dry.

I pedaled out and one of the first things I noted was that for the first time in over a year, I was able to coast.  The fixed gear bike spins pedals at 300 revolutions per mile... mile after mile, continuously.  After a few miles of riding in near silence, it was noticeable when I'd apply the brakes. It was also nice to have the choice of gearing for the little hills around here.

I pedaled out to the outer island and made a lap.


I then just rode around the neighborhood.  It was raining continuously, but it was like Oregon rain, not Panama rain.


 I had taken the time to get in full rain gear and even though I soon had my own personal minimum of 5 miles in I rode longer, just to make it worth my while.


I was dry and comfortable and could have biked longer, but I have a busy schedule today.  10 miles would have to be enough.



........Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total

Today .....10.................0..................0....................0............10

Jan.........26................ 0................0.....................0..............26

Feb.........7..................0................0.....................0...............7

March.......5.................0................0.....................0...............5

April.......0.................0...............66.....................0...............66

May.........0..................0..............79......................0...............79

June........2..................0...............0......................0...............2

July........64.................0...............0......................0...............64

August......11..................0...............0.....................0...............11

September 0..................0................0.....................0................0

October 0..................0...............0......................0................0

November 365................0................0......................0...............365

YTD........469...............0...............154.....................0.............623

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.