Monday, November 19, 2018

Day 19 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

It has been a hectic day.  I've been fighting with cell phones since June when my original phone failed to boot up the night before I was to leave for RAAM.  I hurriedly bought a new one (Samsung Eclipse J3), only to find out once on the road that there was a major issue with the charging port.  It would charge, but only VERY slowly.  So slowly in fact, that even when plugged in, when running anything that kept the screen on, the battery would slowly drain down, after a couple of hours it would be dead.  I continued to see the messages to use the original power cord, and kept trying different cords thinking that must be the problem.  It wasn't, it seems that the phone's power receptacle is a known problem. By the time I got authorization from Samsung to return the phone for warranty repairs, I had dropped the phone and chipped the corner of the glass display.  Needless to say, Samsung said no dice on the repair of a user damaged phone.  I got my not so old Galaxy S4 to boot up again and have been using that, but over the last few weeks various apps (FB Messenger, What'sApp, etc) have stopped working because they are no longer supported.  To top it off, the battery is failing to hold a charge now.  Time for another new phone.  Today I got an unlocked Motorola Moto G4.  Far from the fanciest phone, but I own it.  Verizon told me that they require monthly payments on phones, and I hate paying for TWO phones at the same time. 

I had to get a new XD memory card and another SIM card and get activation moved to the Moto   By the time I got most of that done, I could see that daylight was rapidly leaving.  I decided I can finish my "shopping" when it's dark, I'd rather be riding in daylight.

I took of on the fixie and rocketed around the neighborhood.  The shadows were stretching out.


My personal minimum for #ridingeverydayinNovember is 5 miles.  I did that one better this evening.


And on a 6 mile scale it looks like I was doing major climbing.  Not!


........Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total

Today ......6.................0..................0....................0............6

Jan.........26................ 0................0.....................0..............26

Feb.........7..................0................0.....................0...............7

March.......5.................0................0.....................0...............5

April.......0.................0...............66.....................0...............66

May.........0..................0..............79......................0...............79

June........2..................0...............0......................0...............2

July........64.................0...............0......................0...............64

August......11..................0...............0.....................0...............11

September 0..................0................0.....................0................0

October 0..................0...............0......................0................0

November 268................0................0......................0...............268

YTD........376...............0...............154.....................0.............540

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.