Thursday, November 15, 2018

Day 15 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

Today is November 15th, half way through the #ridingeverydayinNovember cycling challenge, and exactly one year ago I was hit by an inattentive driver. Riding every day in November is still a challenge, and I am still struggling following the collision.

Today I decided I'd go ride along the Willamette River.  I started from Sellwood Riverfront Park and rode toward Portland.  I detoured to the Willamette River to get a photo.


It was a nice day for a ride.  I pedaled leisurely along the East Bank Esplanade and crossed over the Steel Bridge.  There was a noticeable wind out of the north today.  Around these parts a north wind points toward dry weather ahead, and it has already been a dry November. (as well as a dry year)

I puttered around the seawall for a bit, just taking in the sights. I noted that electric scooters are not permitted here.




As usual, you can click on the photo to view full size, and be better able to read the text.

Governor Tom McCall

There were still a few brightly colored leaves around to help brighten the day.


When I got to Tilikum Crossing I turned around rather than cross.  Crossing the bridge would have me back to my pickup within about 2 miles, and I really wanted to pedal more today, so I turned around and backtracked my route.


Several times today I passed a woman on a recumbent trike with 5 or 6 dogs on leashes.
It's not every day you see something like this, so I took note. I saw her again as I was pedaling along the Springwater Corridor.  This time I took the time to talk to her a bit and find out the story.


Her name is Toby, and she operates Wild Pup Adventures. The dogs sure looked happy!  If your four legged family member would like a day out, and you just don't have the time, give her a call!

It wasn't part of the plan, and I didn't realize it until later, but I rode 15 miles on the 15th day!



........Road Bike........Rollers.......MTB..........Lifecycle......Total

Today .....15.................0..................0....................0...........15

Jan.........26................ 0................0.....................0..............26

Feb.........7..................0................0.....................0...............7

March.......5.................0................0.....................0...............5

April.......0.................0...............66.....................0...............66

May.........0..................0..............79......................0...............79

June........2..................0...............0......................0...............2

July........64.................0...............0......................0...............64

August......11..................0...............0.....................0...............11

September 0..................0................0.....................0................0

October 0..................0...............0......................0................0

November 179................0................0......................0...............179

YTD........297...............0...............154.....................0.............451

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.