Sunday, November 9, 2014

Day 9 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

 Today was my last day in the "dry side of Oregon".  Even with that, I had to be on my way back home by 8AM. I left Bend at 7AM, hoping to find an opportunity to go for a short ride before getting back into the rain.

I found a good opportunity in the town of Tumalo where I noted that Bailey Road climbed away from Hwy 20 along a small ridge that looked like it should afford a good view.  I slipped into bike clothes and pedaled away.  It wasn't a very big hill, but enough to get a view over the trees.

Middle Sister and North Sister
I wasn't gone long, and like every day this trip, I wish that I had more time to ride. The weather and scenery are just superb.  But alas, I was on a schedule.

I loaded the bike up, changed back into street clothes, and headed for the rainy side.  Right on schedule, as I crossed over Santiam Pass I turned on the windshield wipers.


I already miss the smell of juniper and pine, and the sun on my shoulder.

Evening Update:

I hopped on the fixie and bought some remedy for spider mites that have attacked my Red Ti plant.  


My trip was timed perfectly to coincide with a friend who was on her way back from San Diego.  We met for dinner at McMenamins. Following dinner and a visit I made my way back home via bike paths and a short distance on low traffic residential streets.

 
It added 5 miles to my day, and it was fun to be out on the fixed gear bike.


 ............road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today............17...............0..............0...............0.............17 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............708...............0..............0...............0............708
Nov.............163...............0..............0...............0............163 Total..........5699...............0..............0...............0...........5699

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.