Sunday, November 16, 2014

Day 16 of #ridngeverydayinNovember

 The weather was perfect today for day 16 of #ridingeverydayinNovember.  I should have gone for a looooongggg ride, but I didn't.  I hopped on the fixie and went for a leisurely pedal instead.  I started northward because, unlike yesterday, I wanted the tailwind at the end of the ride instead of the beginning!

Before heading north though I made a loop through Town Center Park and onward to pick up a chocolate milk and donut.  Gotta have power snacks!


I then rode to Tualatin and made a loop through Tualatin Commons hoping to find a photo op.  The sun was still in the wrong location for good photos, but I took one anyway.

I continued northward at a leisurely pace. I pedaled through Cook Park but when I got to Durham Rd I decided to turn around.  I was in a laid back mode and didn't feel like fighting wind and traffic.

With the tailwind, I flew back southward.  I made a few side trips in Wilsonville and ended up at the Coffee Lake Wetlands.  As I was stopped looking over the scene I noticed a Muskrat swimming in the water. 



Before long I counted 3 adults and 2 kits.  There was a skim of ice over the slower moving sections of water, but it didn't seem to bother these guys with their luxuriant fur coats.




 I finally decided that I had spent enough time viewing this live presentation of "Wild Kingdom", and continued on through the Villabois neighborhood. There is a lot of building going on there, and the vacant land is rapidly disappearing under new streets and apartments. Today, the best thing there was a decent view of Mt Hood.
My camera would really benefit from a polarizing filter!
 I could have done far more miles, but the #ridingeverydayinNovember challenge is not about the miles, but rather it is about the journey.

Today's journey was great!


...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today...........27...............0..............0...............0.............27 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............708...............0..............0...............0............708
Nov.............364...............0..............0...............0............364 Total..........5900...............0..............0...............0...........5900

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.