Friday, November 28, 2014

Day 28 of #ridingeverydayinNovember--RAIN!

When I committed to #ridingeverydayinNovember I expected most days to be raining.  After very few days of rain, today finally fulfilled the expectations.  I had just a short time to ride and didn't have the time available to wait for dryer weather.  The forecast for the Seattle area for the next few days says to expect freezing temperatures and even a chance of snow.  Tomorrow's high is expected to be 33 degrees. I'm going back to Portland!
If it weren't letting down my #ridingeverydayinNovember family I would have stayed inside today.

For the last bike ride in Seattle this month I took a short tour of Queen Anne.

The scene as I started out
I found a new to me overlook, Bhe Kracke Park.  Today's view was mostly of rain falling.



I continued around the top of Queen Anne, being not particularly fond of bouncing down typically rough pavement made slick by rain.  I stopped at the next overlook, Kerry Park


With a little more riding, and a lot more rain, I made my way to Marshall Park


I only had to cross the street to take a quick tour of Parson's Garden Park.


Just a short distance more along historic Queen Anne Blvd and I was at another viewpoint, this one unnamed.


The two lanes of 8th Ave W are not separated by a white center line, but rather by about 25 vertical feet!
The "cross walk" involves stairs.

Hey, there's a bike up there at street level!
I continued around Queen Anne, making one more stop to look over the east side.

Looking over Gasworks Park in the middle distance
As is almost always the case, once out in it, it really wasn't bad at all.


...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today............5...............0..............0...............0..............5 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............708...............0..............0...............0............708
Nov.............624...............0..............0...............0............624 Total..........6160...............0..............0...............0...........6160

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.