Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Day 18 of #ridingeverydayinNovember, Over the River and Through the Woods.

 It was another frosty morning as day 18 of #ridingeverydayinNovember started out.  I took the fixie and rode 3 miles round trip for an apple fritter. It would appear that my soft spot for a morning donut/pastry is not condoned by fitday.com, they list apple fritters and maple bars as 2 of the 4 types of donuts to stay away from.  Oh well, I'm too old to change my ways now!

Once back home I swapped the fixie for my Cyclocross "rain" bike. I traded fun for storage capacity.
I rode over a river and through some woods to get to (grand)mother's house.

                            

 Mom needed some "tech support" to hook up a new electronic toy, and I was nominated.

The river was the Tualatin River.



The winds that have been with us for most of the last 7 days weren't as noticeable today.  They were still blowing through the Gorge with reports of 70mph sustained, and gusts to 92 mph at Crown Point, but they just didn't carry into the west metro area with as much intensity as they had been. Along with the reduced winds some high thin clouds now covered the beautiful blue skies that I've been enjoying.

Once I crossed a river, it was time to go through some woods. Today the trees in Cook Park would have to suffice.

When I got to Beaverton and turned west I noted that the expected tailwind was not there.  In fact, as I continued to ride the wind swung around to a north wind, and finally a west (head) wind as I neared Hillsboro.  Along with this change of wind came a thickening of cloud cover.  There is a change in the air!

I got to Mom's and found that what she had would not do what she wanted it to do.  Not even close. But hey, CD, DVD, Blue Ray...........it all looks the same, right?

I turned around and reversed my route.

It was a good day for a ride, good thing.  I would have been much less cheerful if I had biked all the way out there for nothing in the rain!


...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today...........59...............0..............0...............0.............59 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............708...............0..............0...............0............708
Nov.............449...............0..............0...............0............449 Total..........5985...............0..............0...............0...........5985

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.