Friday, November 14, 2014

Day 14 of #ridingeverydayinNovember

After yesterday's cold rain it was nice to have a blue sky day, and no ice.  Others were not so lucky with ice on roadways across much of the metro area. Day 14 of #ridingeverydayinNovember was going to be fun

I hopped on the fixie and did what I often do, I rode to the bakery for a fresh donut!  The sky was blue, the temperature a bit chilly, and the roads and trails littered with debris from the last few days of windy weather.


With the nice weather I just knew I was going to ride more..........I got TWO donuts!

I returned home and did a few chores, then hopped back on the fixie.  Since there are no shifters to deal with, I could wear real gloves and I always fight trying to keep my fingers warm.

I pedaled out northward.
The cold weather and windy days have really brought the leaves down.  In windy weather dry leaves can act just like dry snow, and create drifts.  Here they probably had help from passing cars, but they were about 6" deep, and completely covered the curb.


I just pedaled around whichever way I felt "a tug" today.  I ended up in Tualatin along the Hedges Creek Wetland Preserve.


I rode out the path toward Cook Park and crossed over the Tualatin River (more than you probably want to know about the Tualatin River) I've been on every one of the 83 miles of the Tualatin River from its confluence with the Willamette River to its headwaters near Windy Point, in the Oregon Coast Range  Today I'd just see it near river mile 25.


A Facebook cycling friend in Ohio who also kayaks would appreciate that the lower 48 miles of this river are perfect for paddling, with many access points and parks along it's shores. I've kayaked a few miles here and there of it , but am thinking that I should paddle more!


It was a nice ride today, just self touring around the countryside.  I was comfortably dressed for the cool weather.

...........road bike..........rollers.........mtb..........lifecycle.......total Today...........31...............0..............0...............0.............31 Jan.............710...............0..............0...............0............710
Feb............ 578...............0..............0...............0............578
March ..........701...............0..............0...............0............701
April...........749...............0..............0...............0............749
May.............613...............0..............0...............0............613
June............309...............0..............0...............0............309
July............615...............0..............0...............0............615
August..........359...............0..............0...............0............359
Sept............292...............0..............0...............0............292
Oct.............708...............0..............0...............0............708
Nov.............266...............0..............0...............0............266 Total..........5802...............0..............0...............0...........5802

1 comment:

  1. Donut x2 - twice the goodness! :)
    We kayaked a small section of the Tualatin River a few years ago. Started at a park in Tualatin (there was a train trestle close by). Paddled up to the bridge for 99. Glad you were able to get out and about today. Some of Portland wasn't so lucky.
    Kari

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.