Friday, January 31, 2014

The end of the month

I've been back in Oregon for a few days now.  I finally got back on a bike.  I posted to Facebook looking for some friends to ride the Springwater Corridor.  3 others nibbled, and we were off.  I took the fixie.

We started from Sellwood Riverfront Park on the Willamette River in Portland.  We rode 19 miles east on the Springwater Corridor Trail to Boring where we stopped for coffee.  Well, my friends stopped for coffee, me not being a coffee drinker, stopped to visit with them.


Following the stop we turned around and rode toward Portland.  We got a few sprinkles on the return trip.  Not bad rain, just an extended light shower.  We got back as far as 82nd, and the group decided to stop at Cartlandia for snacks.  It was after 1PM after all.

I had a large breakfast and a short Springwater ride wasn't enough to use all that up yet, so I again just hung around for the camaraderie.


Following lunch we continued on our way.  As we crossed Foster Rd Larry peeled off since he lived nearby.  The two ladies and I continued on toward the Willamette River.   Just a mile or so from the river Kay peeled off as we passed her house.

Lori and I continued on our way.

We reached Sellwood Riverside Park and I peeled off, letting Lori be the last of our party to be riding as she continued northward toward her home.

It was a good day, even though I got a flat tire on the way out.  Good with a flat you say?  Yup, it was good because I just recently started carrying a spare tube for those 38mm tires. (yup, me bad) and I managed to get the tire changed and rear wheel remounted on the bike.  Inflation was a bit of an issue.  I've been able to top off with my floor pump without issue, but the  small pump I carry on the bike had problems mating with the schrader valve stem.  I eventually got it hooked up.


..............road bike.......rollers.........mtb.....lifecycle........total
Today..............38...........0................0............0.............38 Jan.................710..............0...............0.........0.............710 Total.............710.............0...............0..........0..............710

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.